Saturday, December 28, 2013

TALKING POINTS (WEEK 4) 12/28/13

 

Talking Point:  Week 4

 

1.    Spend time praising God for who He is and what He is like (His characteristics).

§   Meditate on each of God's characteristics and praise Him for what they mean to your life.

§  Meditate on the meaning of His biblical names.

 

Besides those listed in the book, what other Biblical names can you think of for God?  

 

Father God, Heavenly Father, Great Creator, Lover of my soul, Jehovah Nissi, Jehovah Shalom, and there are many more.

 

Which of God's names do you relate to the most?

 

Father God, Almighty, Princess of peace, my strength, Jehovah, Lord of lords, King of kings, IAM.

 

Why?  The number one is "Father God;" it makes me know I am talking to my Father in heaven.

 

§  When we take time to meditate on Who God is and all He has done for us, praise becomes natural and spontaneous.

 

Who is God to you?  Spend some quiet time thinking about God and who His is to you.  As you   think of words or phrases to describe Him write them down.  Give examples of God's characteristics that has blessed or ministered to you.

 

When I think about God, I feel peace in my very soul, I feel a peace I know the world didn't give to me, and it can't give to me, nor can the world take it away. I cry when I think about Him in His awesomeness, I think of Him as the very essence of my being, and existence.  It is hard to put into words! There were times when I felt lonely and not a single person in this world was with me, then God talked to me and I felt such peace, I will never forget that day, and from that day on, I knew in my knowner, the spirit within me that God was my stay, peace, joy, my love, and my everything.  That characteristic is love. I know God loves me!




 





 





No comments:

I AM HERE