Friday, March 30, 2018

Questions/Answers:

Week #4            

 

1).     Think about a time you fully obeyed the Lord in a difficult situation. How did God work in your life? 

Wow! God has blessed me over and over and over again these last few days. I thought I was not going to be able to keep my job due to age, but things are working out good, and I am trusting God to continue to work on me and my patient's behalf. Things get so difficult at times, but God always move and give me peace and them understanding. It's a blessing!

2).    Now consider an occasion when you either disobeyed or partially obeyed. What consequences resulted? How did it affect you?

Oh my, I hate it when I know I have disobeyed God because of fear; I hate it because I then see why I go through some hard things I don't even have to go through; there are consequences for not obeying God.

3).    Give a scripture on obedience, and explain it.

Joshua 1:2, 1:10-11 says that Joshua obeyed God when He told him to go over this Jordan and take the people to the Promised Land; Joshua obey again in chapter 5 and 6 and they came to Jericho and conquered that land with God's help.

4).    Why should we teach our children obedience?

Ephesians 6:1 says "Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." When we teach our children to be obedient we are doing what is right according to God's Word. Bring your children up in this way, because if we submit to God's authority as we raise our children, they too will learn to follow the Lord.

5).    When do obedience starts?

When we begin the morning with a sincere desire to obey the Lord, we'll be reminded to continually turn to Him for guidance and strength throughout the day.

6).    When we are filled and controlled by the Holy Spirit, what is our first response to sin?

Our first response to sin will be confession and repentance.

7).    What is the opposite of obedience?

Since God is our ultimate authority, any time we choose not to heed His commands, we are rebelling against Him. Rebellion is the opposite of obedience.

8).    When we obey God, we are doing what?

Obedience is doing what God says, how He say, and when He says to do it; following His instructions.

9).    What is the proof of our love for Christ?

Obedience is the proof of our love for Christ Jesus our Lord. Our love for Him should motivate and prompt us to keep His Word and please Him in all we do.

10).  What is our motivation for obedience?

Our motivation for obedience should be our reverence for Who He is. He deserves our obedience because He is our holy, sovereign Lord Who gave His only begotten Son to die on the cross so we could be forgiven. Celebrate Passion Week to honor Him!

No comments:

I AM HERE