Wednesday, June 22, 2016

BIBLE STUDY: "Praying Like Jesus"

 Week # 2     Sharing Moment:          "Was Jesus ever angry?"


When Jesus cleared the temple of the moneychangers and animal-sellers, He showed great emotion and anger (Matthew 21:12-13; Mark 11:15-18; John 2:13-22). Jesus' emotion was described as "zeal" for God's house (John 2:17). His anger was pure and completely justified because at its root was concern for God's holiness and worship. Because these were at stake, Jesus took quick and decisive action. Another time Jesus showed anger was in the synagogue of Capernaum. When the Pharisees refused to answer Jesus' questions, "He looked around at them in anger, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts" (Mark 3:5).

This helps us to see the difference in passive and passion; I think so!

Week # 2      PRIVATE DEVOTIONS TIME:     All Night Prayer (Luke 6:12)

"And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God."

Week # 2      NOTABLE PRAYERS:        David (2 Samuel 7:8)

"Then went King David in, and sat before the Lord, and he said, Who am I, O Lord God? And what is my house that thou hast brought me hitherto?"


 
 

Week # 2      QUESTIONS:

1).        Explain what kind of prayer King David prayed in (2 Samuel 7:18)?

King David was so grateful that God had looked beyond his fault and saw his need. God blessed him anyway because of His mercy. David had a grateful heart when he went before God to pray in solitary. He was humble. He prayed a thanksgiving prayer from a thankful heart. He was giving thanks to God for His mercy and grace.

 

2).        In our Prayer Focus, pray a prayer that is the kind of prayer King David prayed in (2 Samuel 7:18.

Lord, my God, I am so thankful that You have called this nation to be holy. I am so grateful and my heart seeks You to praise You because I can live in a nation that do allow me to honor You. Please, Father, keep us in this place of acceptance of You and worshipping You. Father God, we do not deserve this, because of the state this country has gone too, but we thank You for Your grace and mercy. Father God, please bless our nation as we elect new leaders for our nation. Bless them to have clean hearts, and right spirit to do Your will. I acknowledge that it is my Lord Who will bring true justice and peace to all the nations of the world, AMEN.

 

3).        Have you started a daily quiet time prayer, if not, why?      

I started a daily quiet time a few years ago, but I still don't pray as I should. I don't spend enough time in God's presence as I should. Before I was finished with the last study I heard the Holy Spirit in my spirit say, "the next study is prayer." I truly believe God gave me this study because I need to pray more. I spend an hour in devotion every morning, but I still need to pray more. My daily quiet time with God is a blessing!

 

 

Week # 2      PRAYER FOCUS:

My prayer focus is to commune with God my Father in Heaven, to spend quality time with Him every chance I get.

 

Week # 2     PRAYER REQUEST:

Pray for our nation to elect leaders who fear God (Exodus 18:21)

 

Week # 2     APPLY IT: My Daily Quiet Time with God

 I spend daily quiet time with God every day; I sing a song, I pray, I memorize a scripture for a month, I read my weekly reading assignment, I read a scripture that God has promised me, I do a spiritual goal, an ultimate goal, I speak positive words over my life, I read Psalm 23, I read the Lord' Prayer, and I read my daily devotions (seven books), and I meditate. This is my daily quiet time with God. I record this in my journal daily, and when I can't, I don't get stressed out, because I know God understand.  I can actually say I don't miss my time with God. For me to miss it, it has to be an emergency. I still need to pray more. This time is not about me, but about spending quality time with my God.

 

Jesus called us to pray for the nation. Most people think of Jesus as gentle, meek, and lowly, and He is; a Good Shepherd carrying sheep on His shoulders

 

Week # 2      THOUGHT4TODAY:

As you pray, remind yourself how realistic it is to hope in Me, for I have reserved a place in heaven for you.

 

Word of Knowledge:

Stay on the high road with Me. Many voices clamor for your attention, trying to divert you to another path. But I have called you to walk ever so closely with Me, soaking in My Presence, living in My Peace. This is My unique design for you, planned before the world begin. I have called each of My children to a different path, distinctly designed for that one. Do not let anyone convince you that his path is the only right way. And be careful not to extol your path as superior to another's way. What I require of you is to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with Me wherever I lead. Come into My Presence.


 
 

John 14:27; Ephesians 2:10; Micah 6:8

 

Reading Assignments……Book of Genesis Chapters 6-10


I am working on my reading assignment for this week; I finished last week.


No comments:

I AM HERE