Saturday, July 23, 2016

Bible Study: "Praying Like Jesus" Sharing

Week # 5         PRIVATE DEVOTIONS TIME:     Before Meals (Mark 8:7)
"And they had a few small fishes: and he blessed, and commanded to set them also before them."

Week # 5         NOTABLE PRAYERS:        Solomon (1 Kings 3:6; 8:22)
And Solomon said, Thou hast shewed unto thy servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in truth, and in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great kindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day.
1 Kings 8:22
22 And Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven:

Week # 5         QUESTIONS:
1).        Do you pray before your meals?

Yes I do! I was raised to say grace before I eat, but now I can say I pray before I eat, not just grace before meals 

2).        Have you had an experience with God since you started this study?

Yes I have! God has been blessing me, but the enemy is working to discourage me on every hand; I trust God through it all, even right now as I write this answer.

3).        What kind of prayer King Solomon prayed in (I Kings 3:6; 8:22)?

This was a prayer of thanksgiving, praise, and gratefulness. He was so grateful that God had kept His Word to his father, to him, and his people at this time of his life.

Week # 5         PRAYER FOCUS:
To acknowledge God in all my ways, even before I eat; (Proverbs 3:6) "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Week # 5         PRAYER REQUEST:
Pray for elections to be fair, honest, and without corruption (Proverbs 16:13)

Week # 5         APPLY IT: A Daily Quiet Time with God
Father, I desire to vote intelligently in all elections. I pray that You will bring to light the things we need to know so we may vote in line with Your plan, will, and purpose. May things not only to come to light for the Christian community, but may things be made clear to the unbelieving community as well. I pray that what is right would be so clear that even unbelievers would vote using wisdom and demanding honesty and uprightness from their politicians.  Dear Father, in the name of Jesus, may the citizens of our nation become so weary of sin and degradation in our nation's leaders that they will begin to seek out godly leaders to represent them on every level of government. Give such leaders favor with the public and the media. Father, make our nation a fragrance in the earth, a force to be reckoned with, a hand extended to those in need right here in this country. We pray this in Jesus' name. AMEN.

Week # 5         THOUGHT4TODAY:
"Take charge of your thoughts by reminding yourself of My Presence in the present."

Week # 5        Reading Assignments………………..Book of Genesis Chapters 21-25

I have finished reading my weekly reading assignment!

Words of Encouragement:

Hold my hand-and trust. So long as you are conscious of My Presence with you, all is well. It is virtually impossible to stumble while walking in the Light with Me. I designed you to enjoy Me above all else. You find the deepest fulfillment of your heart in Me alone.  Fearful, anxious thoughts melt away in the Light of My Presence. When you turn away from Me, you are vulnerable to the darkness that is always at work in the world. Don't be surprised by how easily you sin when you forget to cling to My hand. In the world, dependence on Me is a prime measure of maturity.

More Scripture Reading:

Isaiah 41:10
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Ephesians 5:8
For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Psalm 62:5-6
My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

No comments:

I AM HERE